19th March – Junior Presentation Day
Our 2015/2016 Junior Presentation Day will be taking place this Saturday 19th March, from 3pm to 5pm. Please check in at the usual time of 2:45pm sharp so that we can get started on time.
This is an important day of recognition for our Nippers who have gone above and beyond over the season, with five awards being presented to each age group –
- Gold, Silver and Bronze Medals for the top three points scorers in each age group (points are awarded for both attendance and club champs results)
- AGM Award for the Most Improved Nipper
- AGM Award for the Best Team Player
The weather forecast is currently a cool 17-19′ with some showers expected, so all of our presentations will be done in the hall in three blocks. Please see below for the correct block (which has been modified this year to allow quite a few U11-14s to head onto “Relay for Life” commitments at 3:40pm.
In the unlikely event that we need to postpone – there will be a back up day of either Saturday 16th or 23rd April. Please watch for announcements on Facebook and via SMS.
We are once again holding our season closing Age Manager Board Relay – always a very hard fought competition amongst some of our most hardworking volunteers.
This will be followed by an Open Aqua Cameron Race – teams of 4 people required so get yours organised now.
Our current schedule for the day is as follows –
- 3:00pm – States Team Presentation (beach)
- 3:10pm – U11, U12, U13 and U14 presentations (hall)
- 3:40pm – Starfish, U6 and U7 presentations (hall)
- 4:10pm – U8, U9 and U10 presentations (hall)
- 4:40pm – family events – get your team ready!
- Age Manager Board Relay – meet down at the water’s edge
(3 age managers per team, points deducted for substitutes)
- Family Aqua Cameron (wade – run – swim – run – board – run)
(4 people – must include at least two adults)
- 5:00pm approx – relax upstairs – Bar & BBQ will be open for purchases
If you have not volunteered for any parent duties this season – this is your last chance! All parents who do not hold an official role (water safety/patroller, age group manager or committee member) are expected to help out at least once during the season with our Kiosk, BBQ, Setup and Packup teams.
Sign up now for your duty – www.volunteersignup.org/48KMB
Surf Education Awards
We will be emailing surf education awards (where applicable) from Surfguard instead of purchasing and printing hardcopy certificates this year. The hardcopy certificates are very expensive and we always end up throwing many away when they are not claimed each year. Please ensure that your correct email address is assigned in your nipper’s portal account.
Want to help with the program next season?
If you have enjoyed our program, or can see areas we can improve – we need your help next season! We’re looking for a number of people to step into nippers management roles including administering, planning and running the program. We will start our debriefing and initial planning for next season soon in an open forum for those interested in joining us or hearing about what we do. Look out for details in the next couple of weeks.
See you on the 19th March for the last time this season.
Gary, Sarah, Kerrie and the Junior Activities Team