General Membership for 2016/2017
From the 29th of August 2016, we will also be accepting new membership registrations for the coming summer season from both returning and new members who are NOT needing to join their child into the Nipper Program.
Please ensure you have a valid Working With Children Check (WWCC) if you are 18 years and older, that is registered to both Hampton Life Saving Club (HLSC) and Life Saving Victoria (LSV).
Membership CANNOT be accepted without a WWCC that is valid until the end of the season, so please check that your WWCC is not about to expire part way through this coming season.
Hampton Life Saving Club reminds all members that photography of our members on the Public Beach can be a common occurence. Photos taken by authorised members of the club may be used on our Website, Teamapp, Newsletters and or other Club publications. Should you, your family and or your children NOT wish for this to occur, please contact Philip Mawkes (email@example.com).
Please ensure you have read the information about WWCC’s, as we cannot accept applications from families unless all adult members in the household have a valid WWCC registered to HLSC and LSV. CLICK HERE for more details on the WCCC requirements and process.
To enquire about our YIPS (14-17 years) program – please visit our YIPS page.
Other membership queries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Membership Fees – 2016 / 17 Season
- Family Membership: $260
- PLUS Annual Nipper Program fee: $20 per child (new for the 16/17 Season)
- Active Family Membership: $140 (please note this category is by invitation only)
- Active Individual Adult Membership: $50 (patrollers, age 15 years +)
- Adult Associate Membership: $50 (age 18 years +)
All prices include GST
Our almost 900 members fall into one of the following Surf Lifesaving Membership types:
- Junior Activity Member (aged 5-13) – participates in the Nippers Program at HLSC – Please note that at least one parent must also be a member of the club and must possess a current Working With Children Check registered to HLSC and Life Saving Victoria (LSV).
- Cadet Member (aged 13-15) – participates in either Nippers and/or YIPS at HLSC. Must hold the Surf Rescue Certificate lifesaving qualification and requalify annually.
- Active Junior Member (ages 15-18) – participates in YIPS and/or patrols at HLSC. Must hold the Bronze Medallion lifesaving qualification and requalify annually. Active Junior Members have voting rights.
- Active Senior Member (over 18) – a patrolling Lifesaver and/or Water Safety Officer at HLSC. Must hold the Bronze Medallion qualification and requalify annually. Active members have voting rights and must have a current WWCC registered to HLSC and LSV.
- Active General Member – any member who does not fit the above categories, but may be an office bearer, or holds a non-patrolling qualification (such as Age Group Manager or Competition Official) and has been granted Active General Membership by the Club. Active General Members over the age of 15 have voting rights. Active General Members over the age of 18 must have a current WWCC registered to HLSC and LSV.
- Life Member – as granted by the Board and the General Membership at an Annual General Meeting. Life Members must have a current Working with Children Check registered to HLSC and LSV.
- Associate Member – any previously Active member who now does not fit in the categories above (this includes dependent children who do not participate in either Nippers or YIPs). Associate Members do not have voting rights. Associate Members over the age of 18 must have a current WWCC registered to HLSC and LSV.