Please join us in 2017 for our annual junior club championships – a chance for all Hampton Nippers and YIPS to show off their skills and speed in a fun Carnival setting.
Don’t worry if you’re not that fast or competitive – this is a fun way to show off your skills learnt over the season.
The schedule for day
10:00am to noon (approx) – event and social setup
1:30pm – age managers and officials briefing
1:45pm – check in for all Nippers competitors
2:00pm – Nippers competition starts
3:00pm – YIPS competition starts
4:40pm (approx) – Parents & Patrollers FLAGS
5:00pm (approx) – State March Past Team Demonstration
After 5:00pm – Join us on the Balcony for Sundowners (Bar OPEN, BYO Food).
U6 & U7 – Flags, Sprint, Wade
U8 & U9 – Flags, Sprint, Iron-Wade, Board
U10 to U14 – Flags, Run, Board, Swim, Iron
YIPS – 2Km Run, Flags, Board, Iron, Taplin-Relay
Parents – Flags at Dusk!
2016 State March Past Team Demonstration
What to Bring!
You will need all the usual stuff –
- Club Hi-Vis Rash-Vest (or Club Rashie+Singlet)
- Broad Brim Hat
- Bathers, Goggles and Towel
- Full Water Bottle
- A change of dry clothes if you’re staying on
And your Hampton “Have a Go” Attitude.
The Points System
You will receive 1 point for every Event you start.
You will receive points for placing in the top 6 of an Event –
- 12 points
- 10 points
- 8 points
- 6 points
- 4 points
- 2 points
Points earned on the day will contribute towards your Championship Tally (inclusive of 5 points per week you checked in for nippers), which will be announced on our Presentation Day on Saturday 19th March.
Code of Conduct
We want everyone to enjoy the day, so we would like to remind all competitors and parents of our Code of Conduct.
- Listen to instructions from your Age Group Manager and the Area Official.
- Race fairly – do not deliberately obstruct another competitor during a race
- Do not argue with Club Officials (including age group managers and water safety officers)
- Do not dispute results with our Officials – if you wish to contribute please come and see us about becoming a Certified SLSA Surf Sports Official
We need your help!
This event requires a lot of help from our parents to ensure that the kids have a great day in a fun and fair environment. Please sign up for an volunteer role at this link –
See you on the beach!